- Monday 27 February 2017
- Time: 2:00 - 3:00 pm Australia Eastern Daylight Saving Time
(Queensland: 1:00 - 2:00 pm)
- Stephen Chu (chair)
- Amy Mayer
- Brett Esler
- Brian Dunstan
- Eric Browne
- Matt Cordell
- Richard Townley-O'Neill
No apology received
- Approve draft agenda
- Approve minutes of previous meetings (December and February 6)
- Action(s) from previous meeting(s)
- Workplan 2017 - Australian use cases/requirements
- FHIR medication resources: Medication; Medication Request; Medication Dispense
- The who, when, how
- Other business
- Optimal timing for WG meeting?
- Next meeting
Draft agenda approved with no alteration
Minutes of Previous Meetings
- December 2017 meeting minutes: Eric Browne (moved) / Stephen Chu (seconded)
- February 6, 2017 meeting minutes: Richard Townley-O'Neill (moved) / Stephen Chu (seconded)
No issue raised for discussion. Meeting minutes of both meetings approved.
Action(s) from Previous Meeting(s)
Communication channel/mechanism to work group members
Email sent to HL7 Australia Board Secretary and Treasurer on the need for a Listserv type of service to enable WG co-chairs and meeting chair to contact WG members (and also for improving communications among WG members).
Update from HL7 Australia Board: matter has been discussed at length during the recent Board matter. Investigation on a solution is currently in progress.
- Action owner: Stephen Chu
- Status: in progress. This will be a standing action item to be revisited at each WG meeting until solution(s) has/been agreed upon
Amy Mayer and Brett Esler will take over as interim co-chairs until interested parties step up as co-chair.
Stephen will continue to provide domain expert advices and leadership.
HL7 Australia Board wants to provide the WG with the necessary support for it to success, but does not intend to step in and take over.
Australian use cases / requirements for localisation of FHIR Medication resources
Australia has a set of requirements governing prescription and dispense processes. For example: PBS manufacturer code, maximum number of repeats (FHIR supports refillsRemaining), minimal intervals between repeats, etc
The Australian use cases / requirements identify requirements that are not currently supported in FHIR medication resources (or are supported differently - e,g. refillsRemaining instead of "maximum number of repeats). These requirements will be used to guide the localisation of international version of FHIR medication resources to make them suited for Australian use
- This action item - suggested by Phil Robinson
- Owner: Stephen Chu
- Status: completed
Use Cases / Requirements to be supplied by WG members
Brett Esler started to document some Australian requirements which are not supported in the FHIR STU3 medication resources:
Work Plan 2017
It was reaffirmed that the 2017 work plan for Medication WG will comprise Australian localisation of the following FHIR resources:
It was also agreed that due to the dependency/co-dependency between these resources, it is highly desirable that the three streams of localisation work should be conducted in parallel
This approach will require leadership and contributions from WG members:
- Medication - Stephen has agreed to lead (Note - Richard has expressed interest, pending approval from his manager/supervisor. If approved, Richard can take over the leadership responsibility)
- MedicationRequest - Brett Esler has agreed to lead
- MedicationDispense - leadership from industry stakeholders with supplementation experience/interest should be solicited
Brett Esler to set up place-holder confluence page for members to contribute Australian requirements on:
Soliciting industry stakeholder to take up leadership responsibility on MedicationDispense resource: Stephen, Brett and Amy to have further discussion on how to progress this action item
Stream leaders to work on a draft work schedule - to be discussed at next meeting
Optimal timing for WG meeting
Suggestions on alternative days of the week and time for WG meeting were discussed.
The group by consensus agreed that last Monday of each month at 2:00 to 3:00pm Australian Eastern/Australian Eastern Daylight Saving time is the most convenient.
- Monday 27 March 2017
- Time: 2:00 - 3:00 pm Australian Eastern Daylight Saving Time
(Queensland: 1:00 - 2:00 pm)