Create an Australian localization of the HL7 International FHIR Smart App Launch (STU2) specification for use in Australia.
This will leverage the international guide, and then provide additional guidance on specific properties, digital certificates, facilitating a general baseline capacity for Australian Smart Apps to be able to rely on a common set of context data to use - specifically Medicare Provider numbers, and NASH digital certificates.
An additional capability we would like to see is how we could securely leverage an agreed IdentityToken to exchange for access tokens in trusted 3rd party services (essentially enabling a form of single sign-on, or federation)
E.g. a Smart App use the Identity Token from a PMS to exchange for access into another system.
Smart Application Types to be considered:
- Cloud Web hosts
- Local Web hosts (on-prem)
- Legacy Windows hosts
- Cloud Smart Apps
- Local Smart Apps
- Telstra Health - web(local) host, windows(local) host, cloud smart app(x3)
- Other PMS applications (as hosts)
Open Source code:
- Brian is currently building out open source reference code (dotnet) to simplify/demonstrate the capability and ease adoption (forked from another open source project)
Public Test Applications:
- SMART Health IT public test host
You can configure this to launch any test app - though this is not AU specific and does not use NASH certificates - good for general SMART testing
- SMART Health IT test host with Telstra Health Test App
- Telstra Health SMART Test App (configure into any test host - or your own)
- Launch URL: https://smartqedit4.azurewebsites.net/ts/Tester/smart-launch.html
- Redirect URL: https://smartqedit4.azurewebsites.net/ts/Tester/smart-index.html
- Client ID: 16cbfe7c-6c56-4876-944f-534f9306bf8b