|DPHRCDHR-HI Pregnancy Management Plan HI.115B-Consumer Entered Encounter H.42||SR|
The group agreed that the use of Encounter resource for this HI is the appropriate approach and is the way forward.
The group also agreed that the Encounter resource will be used as the following way:
- Multiple Encounter resources to hold the reason why the child was taken to the clinicians.
- A separate Encounter based profile to hold those details.
- Use of Encounter.reasonCode to specify why the child was taken to clinician.
The group raised a query about how to set the context about who has authored the Encounter. Three possible options were discussed:
- Use of Provenance resource along with Encounter. This will let the implementers know about the source of the Encounter information. However this adds added complexity when the encounter is looked independently and also it will be become a challenging query to build.
- Use of Observation as the Encounter. reasonReference and use Observation to hold the Encounter reason codes. This option solves the problem as the Observation has way to report who has entered the data. However, this Observation will not be much useful when looked at it in isolation.
- The third option was to use Encounter.participant.individual ad provide the reference to the RelatedPerson resource. Along with that use the Encounter.participant.type as 'AUT' which set the context that the author of the encounter is a Consumer.